Search This Blog

Monday, February 1, 2010

Framework Example - "Band of Brothers"


This is the media example I am using for this weeks paper. It is the opening scene from episode two "Day of Days" from the HBO Band of Brothers series. I notice that we're talking about media as a reflection of historical context this week, and as far as I'm concerned, "Band of Brothers" is one of the greatest historical reenactment depictions in film history. CURAHEE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c4b0WGWDus

2 comments:

  1. I have to be honest, and I have never seen this show before, but after watching this clip I want to see more, in which I will begin to watch. I agree that this is a great depiction of history. Although it may be a bit emphasized for entertainment purposes this is as real as it gets. I have to say great example of historical context!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realized as I was reading about historical context that this is a really difficult topic to talk about in the media. Some things may be taboo and other take time before we can start to talk about them. Band of brothers like of recent war movies take time for people to heal and fully except what happened and then we can create films and television series about them. Same with 911, it took a while for people to finally except and move on, and then film and television could capitalize on it.

    ReplyDelete