Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Culture Code for quality in America is: IT WORKS

     The Culture Code for quality in America is : IT WORKS.  This speaks to the idea that Americans view quality differently than our foreign counterparts.  Quality to them, means the production of products with no defects; whereas to the American people, it could mean defective somewhat, but show me all the bells and whistles!  That's what I truly care about!  I want all  the neat features like bluetooth so I can call my friends. I need Onstar, and I have to be able to use my Ipod.  I need the controls completely at my fingertips.  The young lady talks about "blindspots," then its right to the gadgets.  Tell me what you think.    

1 comment:

  1. Charles I can say for sure that I don't mind paying a little more for something I know will stand the test of time, it just makes more sense (But maybe that's just the foreigner in me. In the video, Sara had her own idea of what a car had to have in order to "work" for her and she pointed all of those features out in the video. Like most Americans, Sara wants the bells and wistles becuase they'll make her life easier and more entertaining. While David seemed to be more caught up in the safety, efficency, and durability of the car, you could tell he favored some of those bells and wistles as well. Great post!

    ReplyDelete