Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Haley Reinhart On Fox News Interview American Idol




My post is over Chapter 7, structure. Obviously, this is a News broadcast simply promoting the network's hit show, American Idol, (season, I have no idea). The channel is for local news in Chicago and really emphasizes the idea that concentration of media ownership has become a troubling trend.

I'm sorry, but I don't find this to be newsworthy and it is all over the news. I do not watch the show, and I no longer watch a regular local nightly news broadcast. I can definitely recall segments or plugs of American Idol on each Fox 2 News in St. Louis, whether it be the morning, evening, or nightly news previewing, summarizing, or highlighting events on the show. There is also siginificant time given to nearby auditions of an upcoming season as well as updates on which contestant has been eliminated or made an apperance in St. Louis.

I understand it is a popular show, or is it still?, and I can live with the winner of show getting some airtime at some point, but the constant updates make the local news feel more like Entertainment Tonight or TMZ. I suppose the producers feel that if your local anchorpeople are advertising for it as opposed to a commercial the audience will take it seriously, but I feel that it actually makes the local news lose credibility.

Is there nothing better to cover???

No comments:

Post a Comment