Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Welcome to Spring I 2013 MEDC 5310 01


Welcome to MEDC 5310 Media and Culture at Webster University for the Spring I 2013 session. My name is Tyann Cherry and I will be your instructor for the term. You will be given a copy of your syllabus at the first class meeting but can download a copy of it as well.

Our class is currently scheduled to meet on Wednesday's from 5:30 - 9:30pm in Sverdrup 210. You can locate a campus map here, Webster Hall is building number 7 on this map.

To give you a little background about myself, I am a adjunct faculty member within the School of Communications at Webster University and serve as the Senior Academic Advisor within the WU Academic Advising Center. I hold a BA in Photography and MA in Media Communications both from Webster University. I work extensively with online and graduate students and specialize in online and training communications. I serve on the Webinar Advisory Board of the National Academic Advising Association and served as chair of the Distance Education Advising Commission from 2009-2012 and received a National Certificate of Merit in 2008 recognizing 20 advisor's who have made significant contributions to advising within their first three years.

You can find the objectives of the course within the syllabus, but want to take this opportunity to tell you that I am committed to working with students so they can achieve success. I strongly believe that engagement with technology should be a portion of your learning within the class and will work with you to build skills, expand your research framework and meet your program requirements.

Students who are nervous or concerned about technology should not shy away from this course. If it is necessary we will schedule optional lab times where I will work with students to help them access their course tools and information.

I look forward to working with each of you!

Tyann Cherry
cherry@webster.edu
Office Phone: 314.246.7556
Office Hours: By Appointment

No comments:

Post a Comment