Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Spatial Inferences: Family Matters/Who's the Boss

Has anyone ever looked at a television program and thought that the show was actually being filmed in that exact location? Well if if you were like me before becoming a Communication major and paying close attention that wasthe case. I watch much tv and I notice that the outside that we see is just a shot to get connected with the program you are watching. Nowadays I pay attention and notice in some shows they have the exact same things in the shot. For instance the same car or the same man walking by. Now that I notice it is pretty funny, but this type of intference I think is what connects the audience with the program. All I can say is with the right outside shot and the connected interior setting, you'll never know any different. I didn't until we start analyzing things. Listed are a couple of my old time favorites that had spatial intferences, in which I think helped the shows rating. So do you think the spatial intference has an effect on how well a show does?
Family Matters -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYvNiKwWvhk
Who's The Boss -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9PqZkVCUAs

1 comment:

  1. Oh i love catching things like that in TV and in movies!
    DO these producers really think we are not perceptive enough to notice things like that?
    Maybe if they did a better job keeping our focus where they wanted it, them they could cheat!

    ReplyDelete